What is Net Sentiment %?
Net sentiment %, also known as the net sentiment index or net sentiment score, is a metric that measures the overall sentiment or feeling about a specific topic or brand based on the volume and sentiment of online conversations. It is determined by subtracting the percentage of negative comments from the percentage of positive comments. The result can be expressed as a percentage or on a scale from -100 to 100.
For instance, if a brand has 50% positive comments and 25% negative comments, its net sentiment percentage would be 25%, indicating that the overall sentiment about the brand is positive.
This metric can be useful to allow for fast and easy comprehension of the general sentiment about a brand or topic, and can also be tracked and analyzed over time to observe changes and trends in sentiment.
Why is Net Sentiment % important?
Net sentiment % can be useful for tracking trends and changes in sentiment over time, and can provide valuable insights into public perception and opinion about a brand or product.
By tracking and analyzing net sentiment %, organizations can:
- Identify areas for improvement: If the net sentiment % around a brand or product is predominantly negative, it can be an indication that there are issues that need to be addressed in order to improve the public’s perception of the brand.
- Monitor brand reputation: By tracking net sentiment %, organizations can identify potential risks to their reputation and take steps to address them before they become major problems.
- Inform marketing and branding strategies: By understanding the net sentiment % surrounding a brand or product, organizations can tailor their marketing and branding efforts to better align with the needs and preferences of their target audience.
Overall, tracking and analyzing net sentiment percentage can help organizations stay attuned to the needs and opinions of their customers and the wider public, and make data-driven decisions that align with these factors.
What is an example of Net Sentiment %?
Measuring net sentiment percentage in social intelligence involves tracking and analyzing the volume and sentiment of online discussions about a brand or its products or services. This can be done by utilizing various tools and platforms such as social media monitoring tools, media tracking services, or search engine marketing platforms.
To calculate net sentiment percentage, the first step is to identify the relevant online channels and sources where discussions about the brand or product are taking place, for example, social media platforms, news outlets, and blogs. The next step is to collect data on the volume and sentiment of these discussions using a social intelligence monitoring tool or by manually searching for and tracking mentions of the brand or product. The sentiment of the discussions can be classified as positive, negative or neutral using natural language processing algorithms or manual analysis.
Once the data has been collected, the net sentiment percentage can be calculated by subtracting the percentage of negative mentions from the percentage of positive mentions. For instance, if a brand has 50% positive mentions and 25% negative mentions, its net sentiment percentage would be 25% (Net Sentiment % = 50% – 25% = 25%). This information can then be used to inform marketing and business strategies and identify areas for improvement.
Read more about Net Sentiment %
How L’Oréal aligns its social media strategy using Palowise
How Nestle measures campaign success and manages its brand reputation
How Tommy Hilfiger uses Palowise to discover & analyze influencers
- #1:Use the industry's top artificial intelligence to handle the heavy work for you and gain insights in minutes.
- #2:Receive an alert if something major occurs near your customer.
- #3:Identify the influencers, material, and messaging required to generate success in real-time.
- #4:Manage cross-channel campaigns with multidisciplinary groups and infinite channels.
- #5:Monitor engagement and sentiment to get valuable insights.
- #6:Monitor trending topics of discussion among users.
LET’S GROW YOUR BUSINESS TOGETHER.
CONTACT US NOW.