We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that will work on developing, testing and maintaining Big Data Architectures. Our ideal team member will have the proper computer science/engineering expertise, deep knowledge of data engineering principles, as well as natural curiosity and creative mind. You will operate in a high-end environment with state-of-the-art systems and approaches, joining a team of data specialists. We will rely on you to recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Work on and enhance our Big Data infrastructure and services
- Join a team of experts from various fields on providing better end-user solutions
- Take full responsibility of the data processing pipeline, including data import, cleaning, storing and processing of large amounts of data
- Share knowledge and be a critical bridging actor among the various teams in Palowise
- Follow best practices and keep up with emerging technologies/industry trends
- Actively contribute to taking Data Engineering at Palowise to the next level
Skills & Requirements:
- B.Sc. or higher in Computer science/engineering
- Great programming skills and deep knowledge of software development principles
- Extensive experience with Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Deep knowledge of Relational Databases and/or NoSQL systems
- Extensive experience working with Linux
- Experience with large-scale processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Team spirit and willingness to learn from as well as mentor others
- Knowledge of the following will be an advantage:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or any other Cloud Platform
- Experience with any Reporting Tool (Jasper, D3.js, SSRS, etc.)
- Experience in Orchestration and/or ETL frameworks (e.g. Airflow)
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning & Statistical Modelling
- Opportunity to work with large amounts of data using state-of-the-art systems
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Hybrid model
- Training budget
- #1:Use the industry's top artificial intelligence to handle the heavy work for you and gain insights in minutes.
- #2:Receive an alert if something major occurs near your customer.
- #3:Identify the influencers, material, and messaging required to generate success in real-time.
- #4:Manage cross-channel campaigns with multidisciplinary groups and infinite channels.
- #5:Monitor engagement and sentiment to get valuable insights.
- #6:Monitor trending topics of discussion among users.
Apply for this Job